Have your say - Details and Consent forms
If you are gathering a group of children or young people for a consultation outside of their usual meetings (eg bringing people together from two or three different groups in a venue which is unfamiliar), make sure their parents/carers have given permission and know what is happening.
Have Your Say - Details form
It's important that parents/guardians and young people know what is happening when invited to be part of a consultation. We have provided a sample form here which can be customised to suit your own situation. Please ensure you also adapt it to reflect your Parish’s GDPR policy.
Make sure you include:
- What the consultation is about (including a description of any activities that might be part of it)
- Venue - including directions if necessary
- Start and finish times
- Details of travel arrangements (or the expectation that the parent/guardian is reponsible for these)
- Name and contact details of the person in charge
Have your Say - Consent Form
If the consultation is bringing young people together outside of their usual meeting or venue, it is vital to make sure that the legally responsible parent/guardian has given their permission for any child/young person under the age of 18 to take part. We have provided a sample consent form here which you can adapt to suit your own situation. Please ensure you also adapt it to reflect your Parish’s GDPR policy.
Make sure you ask for:
- Details of both the young person and the parent/guardian.
- Emergency contact numbers.
- Details of any medical conditions or dietary requirements.
- The group/school/organisation which the participant represents.
- Permission for any photographs or videos or comments to be used publicly. If you do use things publicly, do not include any information which identifies the participant.
- Permission to contact the participant with any further information or feedback from the consultation.