Tops and Pants
You will require
- Top and Pant cards (see template)
- Questions relating to your subject
- Some string to make a washing line and some pegs
During this activity the children / young people are going to use the two cards of Tops and Pants to say what they like and don’t like about something by holding up the appropriate card after each question.
- The Top represents the things we like
- The Pants represents the things we don’t like
- The church building / the building our children’s group meets in
- The songs we sing at church / the way they learn about Jesus in our group
- The prayers we say at church / the games they play in their groups
- The way that adults treat children at church / the way that adult leaders listen to children
The children / young people could say why they like or don't like things between each question or be given time to write or draw on the back of the respective cards. These can be displayed on a washing line to show how many things they like and don’t like.
Collect the cards up to see what they say. The results can be fed back to the PCC and other stakeholders.