Post-its Ideas Storm
Getting quick responses/reactions to a topic
You will require
- Flip chart paper or large sheets of paper with pre-prepared questions or statements (see suggestions below or create your own). Limit the number to 2 or 3.
- Post-it notes
- Pens and pencils
What to do
Divide the children / young people into groups and give each group some post-it notes and a pen. Write some questions or statements on to some sheets of paper. For example
then ask the groups to write their ideas onto post-it notes, one idea per post-it, and stick them on to various sheets. When ideas are generated, give each group a sheet and allow them to put Post-its with similar ideas together.
Once all of ideas are collected, gather the children / young people together and feedback.
Write up the ideas from Post-its and feed back the main themes to the PCC and other stakeholders.
- What would you like our new Vicar to be like/do?
- How could our church show God's love to the wider community?
- What could you do to show God's love to others?
- Why do you come to church?
- How could our church get more involved with your school?
- Why do you think the church needs money?
- What would you like to change about church?
Do it differently
Write the statement/question in the centre of a piece of paper and have the younhg people scribble their responses round the outside