- Gauging the reaction of children/young people to a particular situation/subject
- Starting a discussion
- Getting a sense of how participants are feeling during a discussion
You will require
- A set of three face cards for each person/small group (similar to those on the right) representing Happy, Neutral/Not sure and Sad
- A method of recording the children / young peoples responses
Prepare the sets of cards - either download from the internet, or draw and photocopy
What to do
- Ask the participants questions to which respond by holding up the appropriate card.
- Invite them to say why they chose that particular card.
- If a neutral or sad card has been helpd up, ask for ideas which might help things to change.
- Keep a note of what is being said.
- Reflect - what have you learned? How might that feed in to what you (or the church) do? Who can help things to change?
- How do you see yourself at church?
- How do you feel about the adults in church?
- How do you feel about God when you are in church?
- How do you feel about showing the rest of the church what you have been doing in your group?