- Identifying how something might change
- Deciding what might be needed for a project/new role
- Helping a group listen to each other's opinions/ideas and come to a concensus
You will require
- Flip chart/large sheets of paper
- 3 sheets of A5 paper per group
- Sticky dots in various colours or shapes
What to do
Together with the group, introduce a general discussion on the chosen subject (see below for suggestions).
Record all the responses on flip chart paper.
- Divide into smaller groups and give each group 3 sheets of A5 paper.
- Ask each group to agree their top three thoughts/ideas which came from the discussion. Write one on each sheet of paper.
- Display all the sheets of paper, merging similar responses and duplications. Allow a little time for discussion/questions/clarification.
- Give each child/young person three coloured dots.
- Invite the children/young people to walk around the room and vote for their top three ideas using the sticky dots.
- Identify the cards which represent the top three thoughts/ideas.
- Have the children/young people prepare a way of presenting their thoughts/ideas to the PCC/church leaders/other stakeholders
- Reflect - what have you learned? How might that feed in to what you (or the church) do? Who can help things to change?
- Issues in the community
- Their youth / children's group
- The church building
- Appointing a children's/youth worker
Do it differently
Bring adults and younger people together. Have a short talk to introduce the topic (eg why we are thinking about our church building; building links with our local school), then follow as above.