- Sharing experiences/feelings
- Gathering ideas
- Allowing quieter group members have their say
You will require
- A stone or similar object
- A way of recording what is said
- Decide on the topic(s) you want to explore there are some suggestions below
What to do
- Sit everyone in a circle.
- Explain that the stone will be passed from person to person. Whoever is holding the stone can speak.
- Introduce the topic and hand the stone to a member of the group.
- Continue passing the stone until everyone has had a chance to say something. (You could go round a second time if you wish.)
- If appropriate, continue the discussion by asking what could be done differently/what might make a difference.
- Make brief notes of what is said (or ask someone to do it).
- Reflect - What have you learned? How might that feed in to what you (or the church) do? Who can help things to change?
Suggestions for topics
- How I feel about the Vicar/group leader leaving
- What I don't understand about church
- What rules should we have in our group?
- How could we help with the Christmas Bazaar/fund raising?
- How I feel about moving school/moving Group
Do it differently
- Make the first round a speed round with each person only allowed to speak for 20 seconds