You will require
- A tin of Celebrations Chocolates (to celebrate what they like about church)
- 8 bowls
Say to the children / young people that the group are going to discuss the things they most like about church. To do this they can pick three sweets each out of the tin and after eating them, they must put the empty sweet wrappers into three bowls to show they things they like the most like about church. You could also do this to show what they most like about their youth / children’s group and other things.
Suggested labels on the bowls:
- Music and singing
- Bible reading and sermon / talk
- The prayers and the words that are said (liturgy)
- The people at church (including their friends)
- Taking communion
- The time before and after services
- The building
When they have put all of their wrappers in to their chosen bowls, have a discussion about why they like these particular aspects of church. You could also talk about the things that they don’t like. These can be fed back to the PCC and other stakeholders.