Beach Ball Net Ball Say
You will require
- A beach ball or other soft ball (if playing inside)
- Two chairs
- Something to act as a timer
- A whistle
- Some questions
Explain to the group that you are going to discuss a few questions on a particular subject by playing a game of beach ball netball. Set up the netball court by placing a chair at opposite ends of the room (or in a space if outside). The chairs will form the goals by standing a leader on each chair with their arms above their head ready to catch the beach ball.
Create two teams and start to play netball. Every time they score a net/goal the game stops for two minutes for them to discuss a question. A goal is scored by the leader on the chair catching the beach ball above their head. You will need enough questions to play the game for ten to fifteen minutes. Questions can be repeated if one minute was not enough time to answer a particular question.
- What is the best thing about our youth / children’s group/ church?
- What is not so good about our youth / children’s group / church?
- How can we get more people to come to our youth / children’s group / church?
- What new ideas can we introduce to our youth / children’s group / church?
Have an adult leader who is not playing beach netball record what the children / young people say. This can then be fed back to the PCC and other stakeholders.