A T-Shirt or Wellie Say
What you need
- Old plain white t-shirts or old wellie boots
- Fabric paint or pens
- Old magazines
- PVA glue
Think of a question/subject
- What do you want to tell other people about your church or youth / children’s group?
- What do you do at your church or youth / children’s group?
- What do you like about your church or youth / children’s group?
- What would you change about your church or youth / children’s group?
- Give each child/young person a T-shirt or wellie (or 1 per group)
- Invite them to respond to the question by decorating their T-shirt or wellie using words, statements, pictures, or cut out text to share their views and ideas.
- Ask each individual / group to talk about what they have made and why they did it this way.
- Take photographs and make notes of what you hear.
- Create a display for the church community/PCC.
- What does this tell you?
- What might need to change?
- What could be done differently?
- What more do you want to hear from the children/young people?
- What have you leaarnt