For many of us, school is a mystery. Teaching methods have changed and the responsibility that young people take on has increased. Listening to children and young people will give insights into the world they inhabit 5 days out of 7. It may also help us reassess the part they can play within our church community.
Sample questions about school
- Tell me about your school. (Drawing might be an option for younger children.)
- What's the best thing?
- What is the most important thing about school?
- What responsibilities do you have at school?
- Do you have Collective Worship/assembly at your school? What happens in it?
- Does Collective Worship/assembly make a difference in your school and your life?
- How would you change Collective Worship/assembly?
- What things do you learn about in RE?
- How does RE (Religious Education) make a difference in your school and your life?
- Are there links between the church and your school? What could make them better/stronger?
- What does the Church do in your school?
- What does your school do for your community?
- What more could it do?