Adults experience church in a very different way to children and young people. Church isn't always the place which helps them come close to God. These questions will help you listen to their experiences and start thinking about what might need to change.
Sample questions about church
- What does “church” mean to you?
- Why do you think people go to church?
- What difference does church make to you? Why? How?
- How could you make a difference to church?
- What's the best thing about church?
- What's the worst thing about church?
- If you could change one thing about church, what would it be?
- How does church help you come close to God?
- What do you think about the songs/prayers/talks/ in our church services?
- How could you be involved in church?
- Who in church helps you think more about God and Jesus? How do they do that?
- Does church help you live life differently? How could it?
- Are there more ways you could use your gifts or talents in church?
- In your Church, how do people share what they think about God?
- How should our Church decide what to spend money and time on?
- How does our church help people in the community/other parts of the world?
- What would you want to say to the people who lead our church?