Have your say - young people
Appointing a Vicar - what happens?
Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12
You are members of the church today. We need to hear your thoughts, opinions and concerns when new clergy are appointed. You will help us to work out what God is saying to us about our new vicar.
We will try to listen to:
- Children and young people connected with the church.
- Children and young people in schools and colleges connected with the church.
- Children and young people in uniformed organisations connected with the church.
- Children and young people from other community groups connected with the church.
We might not be able to hear what everyone has to say, but we'll do our best!
Things to think about
We value your thoughts and opinions. You'll give us a fresh way of looking at things. So to get ready for the meeting, think about some of the following questions:
- What does a vicar do (or what SHOULD a vicar do)?
- What is going on locally that the vicar might need to know about or focus on?
- How could the new vicar communicate more effectively with young people?
- How could the new vicar attract more children and young people to God and church?
- How could the new vicar work with local schools or colleges?
- What are the three main qualities you would like the new vicar to have?
- If you had three words to describe our new vicar, which ones would you want to use?
What's going to happen
- We will arrange a meeting and let you know all the details.
- You will be asked your thoughts about the questions above.
- You will think about what might be included in the Parish Profile.
- You will help identify what you think are the most important things for the new vicar and what they need to do.
- Your ideas and suggestions will be given to the team who are leading the appointment process.
- If you can't get to the meeting, let us know what you want to say anyway.
Don't forget to pray!
We'll be busy praying, asking God to help us as we look for the right person to be our vicar. We need you to get praying too.